-->

Sunday, 16 July 2017

My Evening Routine




Sleep is very important, and there are some tips I stick to for a calming evening routine. You need sleep for your body and mind to recharge, and to get some beauty sleep. It's important for me to take my time to wind down in the evenings. It's the time to prep my skin, get cosy and escape from the outside world. Comfort is essential!  If you want to know the tips that I have adapted to my evening routine, keep reading.





Switch off social media 1 hour before bed

Most of spend large parts of our day on social media, but your brain needs to wind down to get the best nights sleep. It also distracts you from the worries and drama online. Try switching off social media at least 1 hour before bed, a few times a week to start you off. I've noticed I fall asleep much quicker after doing this.

Evening skincare routine or pamper evening

You're skin needs sleep to rejuvenate, so it's important that you clean your face and remove all the day's make up. After this you know it's time to wind down and recharge. You could even use a face mask and have a relaxing bath for even more of a pamper evening. Treat yourself!

Cute PJs

One of the best parts of the evening is getting changed into some cosy PJs. That's when you really know it's time to relax. Whether it's cute PJs with a print or Disney character, a baggy T-shirt or a pair of silky PJs, it's all about feeling comfortable.

Getting Cosy

After getting into my PJs, I like to hop into bed and surround myself with soft blankets and comfy pillows. Having the perfect mattress is always essential for getting a good night's rest. I'm happy with mine, but if you're looking for a new one, Leesa has some great mattress options if you want to check them out. The more cosy your bed is, the better nights sleep you might get!

Escape with a book, TV show or movie

Reading makes you more tired, and you might like the idea of escaping your own life for a bit. Find some books and read for half an hour so. You could also watch a heartwarming film or TV show that you love. 

Tea

Like a true Brit, one of the most relaxing things in life for me is a cup of tea. I love to have a normal cup of tea, or chamomile because it's meant to be calming. Bring yourself a couple of biscuits for an extra treat. 

So those are my top tips for a great nights sleep and easy evening routine. Put on some comfy PJs, make yourself a cup of tea, and relax. Let me know what you do as part of your evening routine.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love your cute pjs. I usually spend some time on Instagram right before sleep and it takes me forever to fall asleep after. I need to try what you do and switch off social media an hour before sleep. Love your routine! :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig