-->

Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Current Base Products



In the winter, when my skin is more dry, I like to have a base that makes my skin look dewy and awake. A healthy glow. It's also important for me to find products that are a good match for my pale skin which I prefer to embrace rather than mask. With that being said, I still like to contour to give some dimension to my face. This has been my go-to base routine for the last couple of months.


My primer of choice at the moment is the L'Oreal True Match Liquid Glow Illuminator (such a log name!). This product has multiple uses for same purpose - it can be used as a base/primer on your cheekbones, cupids bow and forehead, or mixed with foundation to illuminate the face and add a glow. I have the shade 'Icy Glow', which is icy pink colour targeted toward those with fair to medium skin. The finish is very light weight and so easy to blend, so don't be too scared by the word 'illuminate'! I have received compliments since wearing this primer, and I can notice a glow when i wear it. For £6.99, it's definitely worth trying out.


The L'Oreal theme continues my with my current favourite foundation. Last year, the True Match foundation range had a massive revamp, with 23 shades to suit all skin tones. I have so much respect for L'Oreal for creating such a diverse shade range, from porcelain to the darkest skin tones. My current shade is 1.C (the lightest shade) and the model for this shade is one of my favourite youtubers and fellow redhead 'MrsRosieBea'. It really is the perfect match for my fair skin, and the velvety formula blends effortlessly to create a flawless, almost natural base. There is no doubt that you'll find your ideal shade, especially for just £9.99!


I've mentioned this concealer so many times on this blog, so we'll keep this one pretty simple. The Naked Skin concealer by Urban Decay is my absolute favourite because it gives fantastic coverage that lasts all day without feeling heavy. I use the shade 'fair' which again is perfect for my skin tone and really brightens up my complexion. As its high end, it is on the more pricey side at £17,50. However, one tube of this lasts so long and the good quality makes it worth the money.


Lastly, for powder we go back to L'Oreal with the Infallible Matte Powder. In contrast to my glowy base, I like to use a a bit of mattifying primer to set everything in place. and even for a sheer amount of coverage. I'll mainly use it on the areas I applied my concealer and a lighter dusting of it where I applied foundation. Depending on how much you use, it won't hide the glow create by the previous three products.


There is my current base routine. I'm really happy with it because it creates a flawless, glowy, natural looking base to brighten up your skin during these winter months. These products have all become staples in my make up collection.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you use to create your perfect base?


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The naked skin concealer and L'Oréal powders are both things I really want to try! They sound amazing. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the illuminator - I really like glowy primers, so this sounds perfect :)


    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really pale too so I'll have to check out the foundation! Love L'Oréal products xx

    Www.abigailsworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig