-->

Sunday, 5 February 2017

10 Ways To Cheer Yourself Up


Nobody is invincible and we all have bad days. But there are so many little ways to cheer yourself up and at least try to get on with your day. Here is a list of things I always turn to in order to cheer 
myself up...


1. Listen to music

Music is is always there, for our happiest and saddest times. There's not a day where I don't listen to music, and it cheers me up so much. Put on songs that make you feel good and give you inspiration and confidence. Happy pop songs, songs that scream girl power, and chilled/badass R&B are often what I turn to if I want music to lift me up.


2. Have some coffee

Of course, coffee is always there to make you feel more awake, and I often treat myself to a coffee when I'm out. As long as you remember water is important, too!

3. Spend time with positive people

Talk to people, say yes if you get invited out somewhere, When we're in a bad mood we can often feel alone, so there's nothing better than spending time with friends, family or anyone else who makes you feel happy.


4. Treat yourself! 

There are so many ways to treat yourself, but this time I mean really treat yourself and do some shopping. Get your girls together or have some time to yourself. Sometimes shopping can be the best way to cheer yourself up, don't be ashamed to admit it.

5. Have sometime to yourself

In contrast to my 3rd point, sometimes time to yourself is absolutely necessary. Relax, watch some Netflix or escape with a book. Take a walk. Take the time to process your feelings and soon you'll feel right as rain, ready to spend time with others. Just don't isolate yourself for too long!


6. Get on with your morning routine

When you wake up not feeling yourself, it can be easy to stay in slump and not get out of bed. Try to carry on with your routine but take it easy. Wake up, have some coffee and get ready for your day.

7. Create a vision board

This is a fantastic way to bring some creativity and inspiration back. It can be done in so many ways, too. Print out some pictures and create a board full of inspiration - memories, dream destinations, quotes - the list is endless. Social media outlets can be used as a virtual vision board, including Tumblr and Pinterest. You can even save posts on Instagram now, so can can create a vision board on there. Visualise your dreams, inspirations and what makes you happy.


8. Watch a feel-good movie

Sometimes nothing makes me happier than watching a Disney classic or a girly film I used to love (and still love!). It can make you feel like a kid again and help you escape reality for a little while.

9. Eat some fruit

As much as I love treating myself to something sweet like chocolate, too much of it can make me feel worse. Fruit is sweet and healthy, and sticking to your 5-a-day is good for your body. Fruit is so refreshing as well!

10. Remember everyone has bad days

Not everyone can feel 100% happy and positive all the time, we need bad days in order to appreciate the good ones. Accepting your feelings, letting them process and then taking time to cheer yourself up is so much healthier than bottling them up altogether.

What do you do to cheer yourself up? 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love this post! I like to listen to music and watch cheesy romance Korean dramas to cheer me up on a bad day xx

    Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig