-->

Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Beauty Favourites 2016


In 2016 my make up collection expanded so much that a little box became a drawer full of make up. My make up skills and knowledge of what suits me grew as well. With that being said, I knew had had to write a blog post about my favourite products of the last 12 months. There are products that have been out for years that I've been dying to try. There are new launches that every blogger had their eyes on. Here are my favourite beauty products of 2016 - eyes, lips and face!


Two of my favourite eyeshadow palettes have to be the Naked Ultimate Basics palette by Urban Decay, and the Mac Amber Times Nine palette. The Ultimate Basics is the perfect matte palette with a fantastic selection of warm, cool and neutral shades and the Amber Times Nine palette is stunning. I haven't worn eyeliner as much this year, but when I have the L'Oreal Superliner has been my favourite because it's so easy to use. My favourite mascara has been the Max Factor False Lash Effect Epic mascara because it gives my lashes amazing volume and separation.


Moving on to face make up, and I finally got my hands on the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. It has great coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. L'Oreal revamped their True Match foundation range with 22 new shades from porcelain to dark skin. I was so happy to find the perfect shade for my very fair skin. This year I also purchased my first Mac blusher in the shade Mocha, and have been obsessing over the Urban Decay highlighter 'Sin'.


2016 was the year of liquid lipsticks. I am a proud owner of six Kylie Cosmetic liquid lipsticks, as I purchased the mini matte collection from Kylie's birthday launch. The formula and pigmentation is so good, and they last all day on the lips. No matter what people say about Kylie, she's done a incredible job with her cosmetic line. Another one of my favourite brands for liquid lipsticks this year has to be Nyx, I have a few of the Soft Matte Lip Creams and the Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks. They are definitely my favourite drugstore brand for lip products!


If 2016 was a good year for beauty, 2017 has its work cut out! I can't wait to see what the beauty world has in store (see what I did there? haha).

What were your favourite beauty products of 2016?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I absolutely love NYX too, and the Lip Lingerie have been particular faves of mine :)


    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I just bought the Urban Decay Ultimate Basics palette and it is gorgeous! x

    luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig