-->

Wednesday, 24 August 2016

KYLIE COSMETICS MINI MATTE COLLECTION



If you follow me on twitter or instagram, you may have seen these little lip products quite a lot recently! I am of course talking about the Kylie Lip Kits. This collection was a limited edition for Kylie Jenner's birthday, and my first purchase from Kylie Cosmetics.


I decided to get the mini matte collection because it's basically every shade I've wanted since Kylie Cosmetics first launched, as well as a deep maroon shade that I was hoping she would release eventually. The price of the product itself was £27.87/$36.00 and £11.00/$13.95 delivery, which is expensive, but given that it's from the US, and you get six shades, it's justifiable. I was hit with a custom fee of £13.95, but that can vary.


When the box arrived I was very surprised by how small the liquid lipsticks actually were, the pictures on the website made them look a lot bigger. However, that didn't hold back my excitement. I love every single shade.They are so pigmented and with the creamy formula, just one coat and the product is evenly applied to the lips. The doe foot applicator makes it really easy to apply, and I only really need a lip liner for the two darkest shades; Dolce K and Leo. In terms of longevity, they literally last all day on my lips without cracking or smudging. One love or hate quality about them though is the smell as is very sickly-sweet. Apart from that, they've ticked all the boxes and I'm pleasantly surprised.

If you want to see what every shade looks like on me, keep scrolling for some swatches. Every shade is designed to suit all skin tones, and I have very pale skin so please be aware that these colours look a bit darker on me than average! Each shade is available on the Kylie Cosmetics website, apart from Leo as it was limited edition.

*without flash

*with flash

Exposed  - warm mid tone beige // Dolce K - deep beige nude // Koko K - pale pink // Candy K - warm pink nude // Kristen - warm brown berry // Leo - deep maroon

Exposed is a true nude that is perfect for every day or complementing a bold eye look, I was worried it would wash me out but it's not too light at all.The two pink shades - Koko K and Candy K - are the perfect pinks for me, with Koko K being just a but lighter than my natural lip colour. Dolce K really suprised me, it's definitely a very deep beige on me but I like it the more I wear it. With a bold winged eyeliner, it created a really cool 90's look. Kristen is such a pretty colour and one that is quite unique in my opinion.And as for the limited edition Leo, the colour is stunning and will probably be my go to dark lip this Autumn and Winter.


You can really go to town with the amount of make up looks you can wear with this collection of colours. In my opinion, I think it's such a good deal for a great range of colours with really good pigmentation that I would consider repurchasing in full size if they ran out. If only Leo was part of the permanent collection! However, Nyx have some fantastic dupes of the Kylie lip kits that are more affordable and accessible (let me know if you'd like to see a post about them!).

I hope you found this review helpful if you're thinking of purchasing anything from Kylie Cosmetics, let me know if you've tried anything or what you'd like to try.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. You're so lucky that you got your hands on these. They look gorgeous and all the shades are beautiful! Great post! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I managed to get them. Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, these are all such gorgeous colours! xx

    http://paintingoctober.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Such a good range of shades in one collection xx

      Delete
  3. Such a good idea to get the mini version and that's really not a bad price either, shame about the custom fees. Love the look of Koko K!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, yeah the custom fees aren't great but the product itself is such good value. Koko K is so lovely xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to buy them!
    xx

    Mia | my-world-vibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame that this was a limited edition! Nyx do really good liquid lipsticks if you're looking for something similar! xx

      Delete

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig