-->

Friday, 19 February 2016

Essential Natural Beauty

For me, beauty is about balance. Enjoying your favourite make-up that makes you feel confident, then taking care of your skin whilst not wearing make-up to maintain healthy skin and enhance your natural beauty. As well as that, having the right balance of how much make you wear is important to. It's okay to go all-out if that's what you want, but sometimes it's nice to strip back and allow your natural beauty to shine.

Therefore with the help of the great skincare brand Glossier, mentioned in magazines like Vogue and Allure, I put together a list of beauty essentials - make up and skincare - that allow you to give your skin some TLC, and still have fun with make up! 



Having healthy skin is important. The more you take care of it, the happier you'll be when it comes to embracing a natural look. Sometimes the simplest products are the best, with natural ingredients that respond well to your skin's condition and help maintain a clean canvas. This is when Glossier comes in, as their Phase 1 skincare range sounds ideal. I'm particularly intrigued by their cleansing milk, priming moisturiser, and face mist. All of these contain ingredients that are gentle and purify your skin. You can read about them here!

Other brands that I love for skincare include Liz Earle and Simple. I posted a review on the Liz Earle cleansing, toning and moisturizer routine a while ago, and it's a brand I thoroughly recommend. Whereas Simple is a brand that is so accessible and affordable, I used it when I first started trying skincare and would happily use it again as their products are so nice and gentle on the skin.




It's no secret that make-up can be used in way that highlight and enhance your natural features. In terms of base, opting for a tinted moisturiser instead of foundation is a great lighter alternative. My favourites are No7's Triple Protection and Complexion rescue by BareMinerals. The Bourjois Healthy Mix range is said to be amazing as well.

 I also think that highlighter and bronzer can create a beautiful natural look. Personally, I'm not a fan of heavy contouring, but I love to apply bronzer lightly where the sun would naturally hit my face - forehead, cheek bones, jawline - to add a little warmth to my pale skin. I recommend the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, or the classic Hoola by Benefit. To add a beautiful glow alongside the warmth, my favourite highlighters include Glow from Topshop and The Balm Mary Lou Manizer.


For eyes, sometimes black eye make up can be slightly to heavy for fair skin girls like me, so using brown eyeliner or mascara is a lovely. more natural option. At the moment I'm loving the They're Real range from Benefit.

Do you like to go more natural with your make up sometimes? What are your favourite beauty products for enhancing natural beauty? 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the 'They're Real' mascara, it looks amazing on!

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig