-->

Sunday, 9 August 2015

Style Is Eternal - Farfetch Competition Entry

I've never done anything like this on my blog before, but when Farfetch - an online designer shop - reached out to me asking if I'd like to take a part in their competition, I said yes! It seems like a great opportunity and a fun way to incorporate a little bit of luxury into my blog. I love looking at designers in magazines etc, and take an interest in Fashion Week whenever it comes around. You can look at the trends the brands have started on the catwalks, and keep them in mind when shopping for inspiration.

This competition is all about the iconic brand Yves Saint Laurent and the Saint Laurent Fashion House, inspired by the designer's famous quote "Fashion Fades, Style Is Eternal". To celebrate the opening of the Yves Saint Laurent: Style Is Eternal exhibition at the Bowes museum, Farfetch have asked me to create a timeless look to go with the iconic Saint Laurent Le Smoking Jacket. This is a black blazer jacket, which I think is a wardrobe staple for any fashion-forward person as it can be dressed up or down, smart or casual - anytime of year, season after season. Here's what I created..

As well as creating a look that's timeless and universal, I wanted to reflect my personal style as well; which is is rather feminine and preppy. But given the colour (or lack of colour) in this look, I think it could suit a range of styles.


One of my favourite outfit combinations is a skirt with a button-up shirt. It makes you look effortlessly put together. I opted for a star print black shirt instead of plain black to add a bit of detail, and not make the outfit look too heavy. I fell in love with this star pattern, it would look amazing in the evening. I paired the shirt with a simple black skirt: another wardrobe staple in my opinion. The perfect choice of footwear for this look would be black ankle boots. I chose these stiletto ankle boots. To add a bit of shine to this outfit, I picked the baby 'Monogram' cross body bag which also matched the star print on the blouse. I couldn't have a look from a designer brand without a handbag.

That's my entry for this competition, mixing masculine with feminine for a timeless outfit as the lines between men and women's style become more blurred over time. The fact that you can alter the items in this outfit, like changing the print of the shirt or style of shoe, makes it suitable for anyone. Everyone has their own style.

I'd like to thank Farfetch for choosing me for this competition, and I wish good luck to anyone else that has entered! Don't forget to leave a comment telling what you think of this outfit.

SHARE:

2 comments

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig