-->

Sunday, 30 August 2015

August Favourites 2015

It's quite rare that I do a monthly favourites post, and I'm not promising one every month. But during August, there have been lots of things that I've been loving regarding fashion, beauty, music and just life in general! So, here are my August favourites.


We'll start with fashion. I love a nice summer dress as they're so easy to throw on, looking pretty whilst keep you cool in the hot weather. My favourite one has been this navy and white stripy dress from H&M. It's so simple, but the criss-cross back & change of stripes adds a little extra. I saw this last year and never got round to buying it, so I was so glad they brought it back this year!



One trend I loved seeing this summer was sunglasses with coloured mirror lenses and I was so happy when I found these rose gold aviators from Next for just £12. They really make a statement and add a pop of colour and style to your outfit. I also find that the rose gold compliments my hair & skin tone more than a blue pair would. Fun fact: I even saw a picture of Kendall Jenner rocking a similar pair earlier this month, so that's cool (although they were probably a lot more expensive than mine!).


Moving on to beauty, earlier this month I finally got round to getting my eyebrows done - they were seriously in need of a tidy up! Now that their tidier and have a better shape, I've been filling them in all month and they look so much better and more defined. The product I've been using is the Eyelure Brow Pencil in No 20 Mid Brown, as my sister uses the blonde one and said it was really good. After testing it out for a few weeks, I agree! If you prefer to just lightly fill in your brows, this is for you as it's easy to control how much you apply. There is also a brush on the opposite end, so it's a very useful product.



I've also been loving the Maybelline Fit Me powder, you can find a review here but to sum it up, it sets your make up without looking cakey and comes with a mirror & applicator, so it's great for on the go! As well as that, I've been wearing the Bourjois Aqua Laque lip gloss in Appechissant. It's a glossy formula that's quite pigmented and a nice dark pink colour, but still quite bright.


A lifestyle/homeware favourite of mine has been this quote block which I got when I was on holiday. I have quote around my room: on my pinboard, or as little signs and I put this block on my dressing table. I love it because you can turn it around and on every side there's a cute, positive quote. How lovely.

Two albums I've been playing this month are Years and Years - Communion and Fifth Harmony - Reflection. They're both quite different, but I enjoy them equally.

What have you loved this month?





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig