-->

Wednesday, 17 December 2014

My Top Albums of 2014

Music is something I really enjoy. It's fun, it can inspire and connect with anyone. I can't sing at all, but I can't go a day without listening to it. If you follow me on Twitter, I am almost always tweeting lyrics, haha. Every year brings new music to discover, no matter what your music taste is like. As 2014 is nearly over (which is crazy), let me share with you some of my favourite albums from this year!

This is one of the biggest debut albums of the year, Sam Smith's  In The Lonely Hour. At first, it seemed quite slow and sad, but the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. The songs are beautiful, and his voice is amazing. It's a perfect mix of RnB , pop and soul. I've been listening to it many times this year. My favourite songs are Like I Can, I'm Not The Only One, Life Support and Restart. If you have this album, what do you think of it?

I've become a huge fan of Ariana Grande over the last year. This has been a very successful year for Ariana, with many singles from this album becoming hits all around the world.I loved her first album, Yours Truly, and My Everything is even better! This album is more grown up and I feel like there is a better variety with the songs as they lean towards pop, with a mix of RnB. She is very talented. I would say Bang Bang, Break Your Heart Right Back, Be My Baby and My Everything are my favourite songs. 

One of the most anticipated albums of the year was the second release from Ed Sheeran, 'X' or 'Multiply'. For me, it didn't disappoint, although it took a while for me to completely fall in love with it. The songs are so honest and beautiful, they also seem quite relate-able. My favourites from this album are Nina, Photograph, Thinking Out Loud and Afire Love. What do you think about 'X'?

Lastly, how can I not mention this album? Of course, 2014 also saw the release of Taylor Swift's fifth album, 1989! This album inspired by late 80's pop mixed perfectly with today's modern pop. Although it's very different from Taylor's previous albums, it's just as good if not better! I find that even though the sound of the album is different, the lyrics are still as honest, relate-able and beautiful. 1989 has been pretty much on repeat and the song's I've grown to love the most are Blank Space, Style, I Wish You Would and Wildest Dreams. Do you like 1989?

That's my round up of the best albums of the year for me. What have you're favourites been? Are they similar to mine? Let me know, I love talking about music. I wonder what new releases 2015 will bring us...




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig