-->

Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Berlin


View from our room.
 Olympic Stadium

 The Reichstag, German parliament.
 Brandenburg Gate
The Fernsehturm (television tower)... 
 ...and the view from the top!
 Magical Christmas lights in the shopping centre...
 and the Christmas markets outside!
 The Berlin Wall..
...and again.
 Padlocks on a gate at the Berlin Wall.
 More pretty lights.
Huge, fancy department store in Berlin.

Last week I went on a trip with school to Berlin, Germany. We went as part of our History GCSE as we are currently studying Germany. It was a very interesting trip that really helped bring what I've been learning to life, although some of it was quite emotional (we visited a concentration camp). However, we had plenty of time for fun like shopping, bowling, Christmas lights and the beautiful view of the city from the top of  The Fernsehturm (television tower). 

I love cities, and Berlin ws an amzing place to visit, especially at Christmas. It's quite unique and different to what I imagined, but beautiful nevertheless. It is a city filled with so much history and I'm so glad I got to experience that and the leisure with my friends. 

My trip to Berlin was very jam-packed but it really helped put me in the Christmas spirit seeing all the lights and adorable Christmas markets. Now I'm back home and ready to enjoy Christmas and New Year! 

Have you ever been to Berlin? If not, would you like to go?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig