-->

Saturday, 12 April 2014

♥ Clearing out my wardrobe...♥

Hello everyone,


Now that we are passing through spring, many of us are ready for a good spring clean. Out with the old and in with the new as Spring is all new things growing, feeling new and fresh. So today I took it upon myself to give my wardrobe a good sort out, as I've been meaning to do it for a while, and now is the perfect time. 

However, this can involve a lot of effort. If you are thinking about clearing out your wardrobe/closet and finding it hard, here are some tips that you might find useful. These tips are for anyone, whatever your style may be or the amount of clothes you have...

  • Dedicate a good amount of time to sorting through your clothes. It makes the job a whole lot easier to get it done in a certain amount of time e.g an afternoon, day, weekend. Otherwise there could be a pile of clothes left lying around for days! 
  • Have some fashion inspiration around you e.g. in magazines, on things like We Heart It, Tumblr or Pinterest. I have a folder on my laptop with photos of clothes and outfits that match my style. Things like this keep me inspired, motivated and aware of my style. 
  • It's nice to feel happy and confident when trying on clothes. Do your hair and make-up if it helps you feel more confident and have your favourite music playing that makes you feel good!
  • Go through certain items at a time e.g. dresses first, then tops, trousers, skirts etc instead of everything at once. 
  • Make two piles, 'yes' if you certainly want to keep it, and 'no' if you're not too sure or definitely don't want it anymore. When you're finished, check through the 'no' pile to make sure you're 100% certain on what you want to throw away.
  • Ask yourself these questions. Have you worn it recently? Does it fit how you want it to? Can I come up with more than one way to wear it? Does it match my style and the rest of my wardrobe? 

Those are my tips and tricks for giving your wardrobe a good clean. It can be so much easier to choose an outfit with from a selection of clothes you feel your best in. And, it's a good excuse to go and buy some lovely new things!  I hope these ideas help you in some way. Have a great day, wherever you are!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig