-->

Thursday, 29 August 2013

Be the Best Version of You!

Hello Everyone!

Today I am writing something that is different to my usual posts but I hope you understand and that this helps some people. Please read on...
  
Do you ever feel like you're hiding yourself away? Do you ever feel like you could be so confident but hold yourself back because you're afraid of what people might think? Or you're scared of being out of your comfort zone? I do.

In real life, I'm a very shy girl. If you're like me, sometimes you feel like people ignore you and find you boring because you don't talk much. You desperately want to show people how much fun you can really be, but something in your mind always stops you. What's the worst that could happen? This may seem silly to some people, but for others it's a big deal. I see other girls who ooze confidence and are so out-going, fun, cool, carefree, talkative etc. and I think "Why can't I be like that?". I could be like that, I just don't let myself.

I have been struggling with this for a very long time and it's come to a point where I can't be living like this anymore. I can continue to live wishing I was confident or I can take a chance and actually do something about it! This sounds so cheesy, but I feel like I'm a bird that's been stuck in a cage and is ready to be set free. I'm going to try and get rid of these negative thoughts in my head and change for the better. Is there anyone who wants to do the same?
'
 
So, seeing as Summer is coming to an end and a new school year is about to begin, I am going to branch out of my comfort zone and become the girl I imagine myself to be. If you are in a similar position to me, why don't you try it, too? Nothing happens overnight and it might not be easy at first, but eventually you will be happy and feel proud of yourself. Be confident. Be different. Say yes. Think positive. Express yourself.

And if you're thinking about making new friends, go for it! People will like you, why shouldn't they, you're amazing! They will realise there's more to you than they think. When you're talking to someone, try and think of things to say and ask them, you'll get to know them much better! You never know what the future holds, they could become one of your best friends!

 
 

Before I end this post, here are a few tips I have thought of for gaining confidence...
1. There is music for everything! Create a playlist of songs that make you feel good and listen to it whenever you're feeling down, or in the morning when you're getting ready, or on the way to school or wherever you're going. Listen to the lyrics and believe them. Songs like this one...
 
2. Think positive. If you have negative thoughts in your mind, you won't feel confident or happy and it will show. Think "this year is going to be great!", "I look fine", "I will gain new friends" instead of "I look awful", "No one will like me", "This year's gonna be so boring.". If you think happy thoughts, you will be happy!
 
3.Sorround yourself with positive people who make you laugh and that you have lots in common with. Cool, confident, out-going, fun people who's confidence might have a good effect on you! And make sure you talk to and see them as much as you can.

 

 
That's it for now. Even writing this seemed to help me a bit! If it means somthing to other people too, that's incredible. What did you think of this post? Let me know!
 
Be Confident. Be Happy. Be Positive. Be the best version of yourself!

Bye For Now!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EMILYMILLERLOVES

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig